Cloud-based video conferencing services are changing the world of business communication.
When you can’t meet in-person, video conferencing is an effective means to have that one-on-one or one-to-many experience. The beauty of employing a cloud-based video conferencing service is that it still offers the value of high-quality video conferences, but without the up-front costs of staff and equipment that is typically required to effectively set up and run video conference calls. In doing so, video conferencing – once limited to large enterprises with significant amounts of capital – has become a practical alternative for SMBs and smaller organizations.
Benefits of video conferencing in the cloud:
- Cost savings – by employing a cloud-based video conferencing service, you eliminate the need for special hardware or equipment. All you need is an Internet connection and you’re good to go. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about maintenance or updates to your system, because they are handled by your service provider; you simply pay for the operational costs.
- Scalability – cloud-based video conferencing is flexible, and can easily grow along side your business.
- Reliability – video conferencing in the cloud comes with built-in firewall traversal and network intelligence to ensure a reliable connection, regardless of network limitations.
- Improved business relationships – video conferencing allows you to connect with your customers, colleagues, and partners more frequently than before. Instead of planning in-person meetings weeks or even months in advance, today’s video conferencing services allow you to meet with anyone, anytime. In addition, during a video conference you have the ability to view body language and facial expressions – two valuable aspects of communication that are lost with a traditional audio conference call.
- Increased productivity – cloud-based video conferencing provides real-time, face-to-face communication for you and your employees to connect with participants in multiple time zones – whenever, wherever. And by keeping your staff in house, they are able to dedicate the time they would have spent traveling to work.
In short, cloud-based video conferencing solutions with InterCall® Conferencing Solution provide organizations with all the benefits of video conferencing technology, but without the major investment in network, infrastructure, and hardware that is frequently required for larger scale deployments. If you’re interested in learning more about what video conferencing in the cloud can do for your company, give us a call today!
Image Source: FreeDigitalPhotos.net