Video conferencing services can be taken as communication technology using audio and video to hook up remote users with each other by means of internet as if they are just having a normal conversation in the same room. You primarily need computer, microphone, web cam and a broadband internet connection for to join or start a video conference. Users at both the ends see and hear each other in real-time.
- Good bandwidth is one of the first requirements to experience high quality video conferencing. This is important since video conferencing involves transmission quite a considerable amount of data for audio and video.
- Acoustic Echo Cancellation is as equally important as a good bandwidth to carry out a quality video conference without interruptions. Without it, you might experience hearing your own voice back, strong reverberation and howling.
- Broadband internet connection or any reliable, high speed internet connection is also necessary. This is in relation to what is said earlier that large data of audio and video is transmitted so it is necessary for a good internet connection.
- Data compression software or codec is also necessary in video conferencing. This is the software responsible for turning otherwise large data of audio and video into small packets so it is much easier and faster to transmit them. Latest innovation makes smaller packets and less consumed bandwidth during transmission.
- To carry out a video conference, you basically need a computer, microphone for audio input, speakers and the like for audio output, monitor, TV or screen for video output, video cam or web cam for video input.
Video conferencing services are widely used in educational and business sector. Many universities are taking advantage of this communication technology as an educational tool. It provides an interactive online platform for educational purposes. Businessmen across the globe use video conferencing to keep in touch with their networks from employees to clients. A video conference call can be a business meeting, a presentation and any other business activity.
Video conferencing providers continue to make improvements on their services with the availability of a more advanced technology and better devices. The future is bright for video conferencing services as they are at the development and improvement process. In the near future, the creation of the virtual cities can be done through video conferencing services- an online environment where people can work together just like they are in the same premises.